Prof. Dr. Thomas Meinertz has over 35 years of experience in the field of the diagnosis and treatment of heart disease, drug therapy and interventional therapy.
As a specialist in internal medicine and cardiology and of pharmacology and clinical pharmacology, Prof. Dr. Meinertz has held senior positions at prestigious German hospitals for more than two decades, including 15 years as director of the Department of Internal Medicine / Cardiology at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE) and later at the University Heart Center Hamburg (UHC).
Prof. Dr. Meinertz has published more than 400 technical articles during his years of work.
MEMBERSHIPS AND SCIENTIFIC LEADERSHIP
- Since 2010 CEO of German Heart Foundation
- German Society of Pharmacology
- German Society of Internal Medicine
- Society for Progress in Internal Medicine
- German Society of Cardiology – Cardiovascular Research
- Board member of the German Society of Cardiology – Cardiovascular Research
- European Society of Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology