Prof. Dr. med. Lichtenegger is a world-renowned specialist in the field of operative gynaecology, obstetrics and gynaecologic oncology.
From 1989 Prof. Dr. med. Lichtenegger was the Medical Director of the Department of Gynaecology of the Virchow-Klinikum, and chief physician of the Clinic for Gynaecology and Obstetrics of the Charité in Berlin since 1998.
Prof. Dr. med. Lichtenegger has published more than 290 technical articles in his long career, as well as more than 50 book chapters and 530 presentations.
FUNCTIONS AND SCIENTIFIC LEADERSHIP (Selection)
- Berlin Society for Gynaecology and Obstetrics (1st Chairman 1999-2000)
- International Gynaecologic Cancer Society
- German-Japanese Society of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians
- German-Spanish Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Chairman of the North-East German Society of Gynaecological Oncology (NOGGO) since 1998
- Chairman of the Patient Initiative Oncology Patient Seminar Berlin-Brandenburg since 1995