Surgical treatment of spinal disorders. These include in particular the scoliosis surgery, tumor surgery, transoral surgery, the TLIF technique or the posterior fixation of the atlanto-axial complex
- Correction of post-traumatic and congenital kyphosis: indications, techniques, results. Stoltze D, Harms J, Boyaci B. Orthopade. 2008 Apr;37(4):321-38.
- Does spinal surgery improve the quality of life for those with extradural (spinal) osseous metastases? An international multicenter prospective observational study of 223 patients. Invited submission from the Joint Section Meeting on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves, March 2007. Ibrahim A, Crockard A, Antonietti P, Boriani S, Bünger C, Gasbarrini A, Grejs A, Harms J, Kawahara N, Mazel C, Melcher R, Tomita K. J Neurosurg Spine. 2008 Mar;8(3):271-8.
- Operative management of Scheuermann’s kyphosis in 78 patients: radiographic outcomes, complications, and technique. Lonner BS, Newton P, Betz R, Scharf C, O’Brien M, Sponseller P, Lenke L, Crawford A, Lowe T, Letko L, Harms J, Shufflebarger H. Spine. 2007 Nov 15;32(24):2644-52.
- C2 prosthesis: anterior upper cervical fixation device to reconstruct the second cervical vertebra. Jeszenszky D, Fekete TF, Melcher R, Harms J. Eur Spine J. 2007 Oct;16(10):1695-700. Epub 2007 Jul 14.
- Image-Based Planning and Computer Assisted Surgery in Ankylosing Spondylitis. Ruf M, Moser V, Harms J. Ankylosing Spondylitis, Diagnosis and Management. Editors: Barend J. Van Royen, Ben A.C. Dijkmans, 227-241; Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York 2006
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC CAREER
Since 2012 In Clinic Heidelberg Ethianum
Since 1980 Medical Director, Orthopaedics, Spinal Column Surgery Klinikum Karlsbad-Langensteinbach, Karlsbad (Academic Teaching Hospital, University of Heidelberg)
Since 1978 Professor of Orthopaedics, Scientific research on new surgical techniques as well as new materials and instruments for spine and hip surgery
1968 – 1980 Accident Clinic Ludwigshafen and University Hospital Homburg / Saar, Germany
1963 – 1968 MD PhD University of Frankfurt and University of Homburg / Saar