Prof. Dr. med. José R. Cabo-Soler belongs to different Scientific Societies in the fields of Nutrition, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Physiology, Endocrinology, Healthy Aging, Aesthetic Medicine and Medicine and has served as a member of the Board of Direction on several of them.
Prof. Dr. med. José R. Cabo-Soler has been President of the Spanish Society of Aesthetic Medicine –SEME- for almost 10 years (1997-2007); a member of the Scientific Council of the Spanish Danone Institute, since its foundation in 1993; and belongs to the Royal Academy of Medicine of the Valencia Community as Corresponding Member since 1988.
He has participated and organized many Courses, Seminars and Congresses on Nutrition, Obesity, Healthy Aging and Aesthetic Medicine. Presently, he is the Medical Director of the Master in Aesthetic Medicine of the University of the Balearic Islands, Spain, since 1997. His main areas of interest are metabolic aspects of obesity, hormones and aging, and nutrition.
- Scientific council of the Fundación Valenciana de Estudios Avanzados (secretary, 1987 – 2004) (1976 – 2009)
- Spanish Society of Aesthetic Medicine
(president, 1997-2007; honorary president, since 2007)
- International Union of Aesthetic Medicine (UIME) (president 2005-2007)
- Spanish Society for the Study of Healthy Aging (AECES) (founder and first president, ex-president) (2001 to present)
- Spanish Society of Basic and Applied Nutrition (founder member; ex-vice president) (1992 to present)
- Spanish Society for the Study of Obesity (2002 to present)
- Spanish Society of Community Nutrition (founder member and ex-member of the directive board) (1994 to present)
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Spanish Danone Institute (from its foundation in 1994)
- Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition of Valencia (founder member) (1993 to present)
- Member of the Spanish Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Member of the Biochemical Society (Great Britain)
- Member of the Spanish Society of Physiological Sciences
- Correspondent academic member of the Royal Academy of Medicine of Valencian community (since 1980)